I was recently asked a question regarding how to create an application remediation strategy. “Remediation” implies resolution of issues. In order to develop a remediation plan, you need to answer the following questions.
1. What are the goals and objectives the remediation initiative?
2. What are the business requirements that are not addressed by the existing applications?
3. What are the gaps/issues/risks that result from the current Application Inventory?
4. Why do these gaps/issues exist?
5. What are the options for addressing the gaps/issues?
6. What are the costs, risks and expected ROI for each option?
7. What impact will the remediation plan have on existing project and support priorities?